Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Day of School

Wow! What a wonderful first day. We spent the day getting to know each other, creating community and establishing our class norms. Here are some pictures of what we did.

At morning meeting I asked them four questions: what should kids in our class be doing to make it run smoothly? What do you hope to learn in our class this year? What will YOU need to be successful this year? What will Ms. Christensen need to do to help you this year.

Their posts were eyeopening, for both me and for them.  I'd like to continue to encourage them to be more introspective.



We established our class norms from that conversation.

Later we read a story titled, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?". This book encourages students to be bucket fillers rather than dippers.

With so many other things we did today, I'll wait to post about them later, or rather, ask your child about them!

I left exhausted but smiling today, I hope your child did as well.

-Ms. Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment